Blog feedback and Learner response

 WWW: Wow – what an absolutely brilliant start to GCSE Media! From the very first blog post it is clear that you are determined to be a top, top Media student with your completion of the extension tasks and your comprehensive answers. On that subject, I completely agree with you regarding aiming for an 8/9 grade. Indeed, there’s so much to credit on your blog already – the choice and depth of analysis you offer for the film poster key concept work, your excellent Stranger Things analysis – overall it’s just an outstanding start to the year. If you can keep developing this level of detail and analysis throughout the two years I’m very confident you can achieve that top grade. Your fruit bowl is wonderfully creative too!

 

EBI: The key message is very simple – keep writing the detailed, in-depth analysis that you’ve offered in some of your work already and make sure it is consistent across everything you do in Media. You’ll notice as the course continues that we set grade 8/9 extension work – usually A Level reading – to really push students towards those top grades. Just as you did for the very first blog task, I strongly recommend you keep completing the extension tasks as it will definitely help in accessing those top levels. Keep up the good work!

LRReflect on your first month of Media. What do you feel is your strongest piece of work so far? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course? How can you improve the depth and detail of your media analysis?


LR Feedback

so far in media I feel that my strongest piece of work so far is the Denotation and Connotation, i think this because I quite enjoy going into depth about different pieces of information so I can find the meaning behind things. 

I believe that my weakness may be the Mise-en-scene, this may be because of how I struggle to find key details from different aspects and explain what they suggest which may stop me from getting the grade i want.

The specific skills or knowledge i need to develop over the rest of the year may be able to analyse products or things better so that i'm able to write as close to what the producer wanted to show to the consumers.

i think i can improve the depth and detail of my media analysis by using the Glow/key word that I've learnt in my writing as well as explaining even more into the denotation so i can have a out come of a detailed connotation.

Comments

Popular Posts